A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Passionfruit and Elderflower Cocktail)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (Passionfruit and Elderflower Cocktail)
Passionfruit and elderflower are intoxicatingly mingled in this late spring/summer saucy sip. I made this passionfruit cocktail with my wife in mind but it's one of my favorites as well. The subtle yet bold flavors and the intoxicating aroma are an ode to the floral fragrance that so often permeates our neighborhood. Cin cin!
Prep Time 2 minutes
Total Time 2 minutes
Servings 1 drink
- 1 1/2 oz vodka (I prefer gin, my wife vodka, great either way)
- 3/4 oz St. Germain
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz passionfruit juice (try 3/4 ounce if you're using seeds and all!)
- 2 each sage leaves
- Combine vodka (or gin), St. Germain, lime juice, passionfruit juice, and sage leaves in shaker.
- Muddle thoroughly.
- Fill with ice and shake until well chilled 15 - 20 seconds.
- Pour into a chilled coupe and enjoy the intoxicating aroma before sipping this elderflower cocktail.
This year we finally had a bumper crop of passionfruit, such a wonderful thing! I made a number of dishes from them or just ended up eating them fresh over some yogurt in the morning. That being said, this cocktail was one of the best uses we found. Whether you want an elderflower cocktail or a passionfruit cocktail, this combination doesn't disappoint! I cannot explain how heady this scent is and how bold yet subtle the flavors are, pure magic... almost like a dream!