Añejo Old Fashioned
Beautiful caramel, vanilla, and woody notes from the añejo tequila paired against a touch of amaretto and muddled with orange peel plus orange bitters! Perfect with some dark chocolate!
Servings 1 drink
- 2 oz añejo tequila
- 1/4 oz amaretto
- 3 drops almond extract
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers Orange bitters (intense orange)
- 1 dash Angostura Orange bitters (more spice w/the orange)
- 3 each large pieces of orange zest
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and muddle thoroughly.
- Add ice and stir until well chilled and a little diluted, about 10 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large cube of ice and garnish with a twist (and bonus points if you happen to have an orange blossom!) Enjoy!
This añejo old fashioned is a lovely bit of tequila and almond plus orange throughout. Great for sipping and perfect for a chocolate dessert! Enjoy