Cinnamon Mezcal Margarita
The lime juice and cinnamon combine to make something beautiful and unexpected. The addition of the mezcal brings the smoke and the resulting cinnamon mezcal margarita is a total bridge between the margaritas of summer and the flavors of fall/winter.
Servings 1 drink
- 1 1/2 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz mezcal (play with the ratio of tequila to mezcal, this is pretty light on the smoke but you can kick it up as much as you want)
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz agave simple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 each cinnamon stick (optional)
- Add the tequila, mezcal, lime juice, simple syrup, and cinnamon powder to a shaker. Dry shake for 5 seconds to combine.
- Salt the rim of your preferred glass, I chose a rocks glass with a large cube of ice.
- Add ice to the shaker, shake for a good 15 seconds and strain into your salted glass. Add cinnamon stick for garnish and enjoy!
The cinnamon and lime juice combination was actually a total mistake as I was working on something else and ended up with a bit of extra cinnamon sprinkled over some extra lime juice... of course I saw it and had to taste it, voila, the idea for the cinnamon mezcal margarita!