Toasty rye whiskey with a touch of port, the bittersweet beauty of aperitivo, lovely botanicals from a lightly sweet local vermouth, and a sublime touch of coffee liqueur woven throughout!
- 1 oz Rye (I used Basil Haydens Dark Rye)
- 3/4 oz Aperitivo (I used Leopold Bros.)
- 3/4 oz Red Vermouth (I used TW Hollister, it is lightly sweet so using a regular vermouth you might want to use slightly less to taste for sweet balance.)
- 1/2 oz Coffee Liqueur (I used Mr Blacks)
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir to combine and lightly dilute, about 10 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large cube of ice.
- Express an orange twist over the glass for a bright touch.
- Garnish with the twist or a dehydrated orange wheel.