Japanese Rose Sour
Lovely, almost delicate Japanese whisky perfectly balanced between sour and sweet, rose and a bit of herbal sage notes woven throughout and an amazing scent of lavender aroma on the nose! This cocktail is simply wonderful.
Servings 1 drink
- 1 1/2 oz Japanese Whisky (Kikori, perfectly delightful pairing, another delicate whisky might work as well)
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz honey rose simple syrup
- 2 dashes lavender bitters (Scrappy’s Bitters)
- 3 each sage leaves
- Add all ingredients to a shaking tin and muddle thoroughly.
- Add ice and shake long, about 10 – 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with a twist of lemon and a dried rose iF you have it! Enjoy!
A beautiful example of the power of edible flowers! So many flavors and scents woven together in a bright balance… it might just be TOO easy to drink!