Pompelmojito (Grapefruit Mojito)
Ridiculously refreshing combination of mint and grapefruit, perfect for the sweltering heat starting to hit. This grapefruit mojito should be added to your summer rotation!
- 3 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 oz rum
- 1 1/2 oz mint simple syrup (if you only have regular simple syrup just use more mint sprigs to muddle... won't quite be the same but still delicious)
- 1 sprig mint (plus more for garnish)
- Add the grapefruit juice, rum, simple syrup and a sprig of mint to a shaker. Muddle thoroughly and let sit a moment.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake long, about 15 - 20 seconds.
- Pour into a rocks glass with ice, garnish with more mint if you choose and enjoy your grapefruit mojito!
Maybe I'm a bit of a nerd but words and languages are just fun, so when you find a word that speaks to you... like pompelmo (go ahead, say it now) it just needs to be used! Another fun word, portmanteau, is when you combine two words into a new word... think smog or podcast! I could have just called this a grapefruit mojito but that wouldn't be nearly as fun, hence the pompelmojito! Enjoy!