The Bitter Smoke (Mezcal Grapefruit Cocktail)
Mezcal, grapefruit juice, and Aperol join forces in this wonderfully refreshing cocktail recipe. Bring on the summer heat and the weekend cocktail hour. So easy to make into a large batch, invite some friends over and enjoy the warm evenings in the company of your friends!
Servings 1 drink
- 1 oz mezcal (feel free to play with the balance of mezcal & tequila to hit the correct amount of smoky for your taste!)
- 1 oz tequila
- 1 oz Aperol
- 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- Combine mezcal, tequila, Aperol, and grapefruit juice in a shaker.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake a quick 5 - 10 seconds, not to over dilute.
- Pour into a rocks glass with ice.
- Sip and enjoy!
This mezcal cocktail is just as easy to make a large batch for a punch bowl/dispenser... careful, it may just be TOO easy! Just use the ratios 1:1:1:2, make it 1 cup mezcal, 1 cup tequila, 1 cup Aperol, and 2 cups of grapefruit juice and let the party ensue.