The Wise Beekeeper (Honey Gin and Elderflower Cocktail)
A delicious gin infused with a bit of honey, a nice treat to use in cocktails, paired with some St. Germain and sage this is a tart, floral, and slightly botanical! A summer sipper for sure!
Servings 1 drink
- 2 oz honey infused gin (I used Barr Hill Gin, could just add a little honey to your favorite gin as well, not much but enough to flavor!)
- 1/2 oz St. Germain (Elderflower liqueur)
- 1 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1 sprig sage
- Add sage and gin to a shaker and muddle thoroughly. Let sit a minute.
- Add St. Germain, lemon juice, and lime juice to the shaker.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake thoroughly, about 15 - 20 seconds.
- Strain and pour into a chilled coupe. Garnish with sage leaf or flower and enjoy!
I am all for any excuse to support our local bees! This gin is something that I wouldn't just go to for drinking but it adds a great honey note without being too sweet. This honey gin and elderflower cocktail expresses great floral, honey, and botanical notes but is still very tart (which I like). If you want it a bit sweeter, or you just have regular gin, you could add a 1/2 - 3/4 ounce of honey simple syrup which would come across nicely!