Chipotle Peach Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Caramelized peaches, smoky-spicy chipotle and cumin make for a deep flavor against the super tender and moist grilled pork tenderloin.
- 1 batch Peach Salsa Fresca (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1 each pork tenderloin
- 1 each ripe peach, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle
- Dice peach and toss into a bowl with salt, cumin, and ground chipotle.
- Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Trim pork tenderloin of excess fat and silverskin (silvery connective tissue along the tenderloin.
- Put into an airtight container and rub all over with the marinade.
- Refrigerate and let marinate for 2 hours if you can, longer is better, but hey if you gotta eat, get to it!
- (Optional) make that batch of fresh peach salsa, you won't be sorry!
- Take your pork out of the refrigerator and let get to room temperature (about 30 minutes)
- Start your coals/get your grill nice and hot (medium high).
- Put the tenderloin on the center of the grill, close down a little, you'll want to cook at medium after the initial sear.
- Cook 12 - 15 minutes, turning a quarter turn every 2 minutes or so until the internal temperature is what you want (many recommend 145 degrees, I usually go a little more like 140 but go with what you are comfortable with and enjoy).
- Take off grill, wrap in aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice, serve, add a bit of the salsa and enjoy!
Consider making the fresh peach salsa when you make the marinade, both can use a little time to deliver the most flavor.