Grilled Garlic Shrimp with a Kiss of Roasted Red Pepper
Quick marinade with garlic and a touch of fire roasted red pepper, grilled, and then finished with a bit of fresh cilantro. This grilled garlic shrimp is simple weeknight grilling at it's best.
- 1.5 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper + brine (give or take)
- Combine shrimp, minced garlic, olive oil, and a little chopped roasted red pepper with some of the brine in a bowl (you can make your own or use pre made).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Marinate for 30 minutes or so in the refrigerator while you heat your grill.
- Get your grill heated to high.
- Put shrimp in a single layer in a grill basket (optionally you can skewer them to cook).
- Grill over high heat until the shrimp is pink, opaque and probably has a little char, then flip shrimp and repeat, about 2 minutes a side.
Adding the fresh cilantro and a bit of roasted red pepper to this grilled garlic shrimp creates such a depth of flavor with that punch of fresh herbs, perfect for a weeknight dinner!