PHAAB Salad (Prosciutto Hazelnut Arugula Apricot Burrata Salad of Course)
I know, another grilled apricot burrata salad... but this one has an awesome name and is PHAABulous! Okay, couldn't resist that... I will say adding toasted hazelnuts (if you're keeping track that's another Pacific Northwest speciality) and searing the prosciutto momentarily gives this salad a slight twist that is worth trying! Plus it's got my fresh and tart lemon vinaigrette!
- 1 batch lemon vinaigrette (or your favorite vinaigrette!)
- 4 each apricots
- 3 slices prosciutto (super thin, can use more or less, or omit completely for vegetarian... but you'll be missing out!)
- 1 each burrata (comes in a ball, probably need at least a 4 oz ball, more is a matter of preference)
- 4 cups arugula (or more
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Prepare the <a href="https://idealistfoods.com/recipes/fresh-and-tart-lemon-vinaigrette/">lemon vinaigrette</a>.
- Heat your grill nice and hot (medium high or so).
- Slice the apricots in half and remove the pit. Grill quickly, about 2 minutes each side and bring in (pan searing is okay too).
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts to the pan and toast shaking slightly for a couple minutes (3 - 4) until they start to brown and you can smell the toasty aroma! Set aside.
- Gently taking a slice of prosciutto, just lay it into the pan (you don't even need to let go but be careful not to burn yourself). Cook for a few seconds each side, just to heat a little and start to crisp. Repeat with remaining slices and set aside with the apricots and hazelnuts.
- Rinse the arugula and put onto a larger serving plate or in a bowl.
- Add a light amount of dressing and toss to coat.
- Now, start layering your ingredients on. I like to tear the prosciutto into medium sized pieces. Add the apricots. Tear the burrata up and place around the apricots, it will be messy since the middle is a bit looser. Finally, sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts and serve!
This salad is such a classic combination and I certainly didn't invent it but is so delicious and utterly summer I couldn't resist sharing my take on it. The colors, the flavors, rich and creamy, sweet and tart, with a little toasty Pacific Northwest treatment! This apricot and burrata salad is just what the summer ordered and is PERFECT for sharing!