Smoky Gazpacho with Chevre
A brilliantly simple combination of bright fresh flavors with a light, deep smoky flavor infused from smoked paprika plus beautifully creamy goat cheese and a light tart crunch from the pickled onions!
- 3 large ripe tomatoes (about 1 lb), destemmed and cut into large chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 c red onion roughly chopped
- 2 limes
- 1/4 – 1/2 c cilantro, chopped plus a little for finishing
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp+ smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle (Optional)
- 2 – 3 oz goat cheese (or more if you desire)
- 1/4 c quick pickled onions (see my recipe)
- Wash all your produce.
- Take stems out of tomatoes and cut into large chunks (about 8/tomato).
- Peel and cut cucumber into large chunks.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, about 1/2 tsp salt to the food processor and process until roughly broken down.
- Add onion and cilantro to the food processor.
- Zest the 2 limes into the food processor and juice 1 lime in, process and taste.
- Add smoked paprika, process and taste.
- Adjust salt and lime juice to your taste (I usually add another 1/2 tsp salt and juice the second lime), process and taste.
- Optional: Add ground chipotle (gives some more smoke and spicy heat), process and taste.
- Make any final adjustments and process.
- Pour gazpacho into a serving bowl or individual bowls, top with a little quick pickled red onion, goat cheese crumbles, and cilantro as desired.