Mason Jar Chimchurri
This is one of my favorite sauces, I love the fresh and tangy burst of flavor it provides. It can be adjusted based on what you have on hand and is delicious year round.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup chopped parsley (sometimes I use cilantro instead)
- 1 cup chopped oregano (the ratio of herbs can be altered also depending on your taste and what you have on hand)
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle chile (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Salmuera
Boil the water in a small saucepan.
Stir in salt until its dissolved.
Remove from heat and let cool.
Mince the garlic very fine and add to 1 quart mason jar.
Mince the parsley and oregano and add to jar.
Add the red pepper flakes and stir all of the ingredients together.
(Optional) Add the ground chipotle chile.
Add the vinegar, oil, and cooled salmuera.
Put a tight fitting lid on the mason jar and shake it all up.
Open the lid to release any additional pressure that built up, close it back up and refrigerate at least 2 hours but can be kept for a week at least.