Garlic and Marmalade Glazed Shrimp
OMG! These shrimp are so good that you may never look at a shrimp the same way! The only issue is if you’re going to have enough to invite friends over!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp marmalade (I had a BEAUTIFUL hand made lemon marmalade, SO GOOD)
- Get your coals started, or heat your grill to high heat.
- Mix the garlic, ginger, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle a dash of fresh salt and pepper on your shrimp then pour the garlic mixture over and toss to coat.
- Put the marmalade in a small bowl and if it is too thick to be brushed on add a little water and mix until it’s got a nice consistency.
- When your grill is ready put the shrimp on in a single layer (in a grill basket or skewers). Cook the shrimp 2 – 3 minutes on one side until they’ve got a nice little bit of char and are pink and opaque on the bottom side. Flip the shrimp and brush the cooked side with the marmalade. Cook 2 -3 minutes on this side until cooked through, flip once more and brush the other side. Remove from the grill and enjoy!
- iF you want to make it a salad chop some kale and massage in a little citrus vinaigrette then cover with shrimp!
I’m not sure why I haven’t thought of this before but WOW, these are finger licking good! Just going to have to trust me on this one, you need to try it!