Strawberry Thyme Galette
Beautiful deep roasted strawberry flavor with a bit of honey and thyme woven throughout. Plus just a bit of lemon zest for a bright touch. So easy and a lovely treat…breakfast or dessert, you choose!
- 12 oz strawberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 each GF pie/galette dough (for ease I used a frozen GF pie crust)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If your galette dough is frozen remove from the freezer and let warm up until it is soft enough to work with (about 15 minutes so you can continue with the strawberries while it warms up).
- Rinse and slice strawberries into a medium bowl.
- Add honey, thyme leaves, and lemon zest to the bowl over the strawberries. Toss with a spoon to fully coat and disperse the flavors. Let sit for 10 – 15 minutes or until dough is ready to use.
- Once your dough is ready, make sure it's in a nice flat round and then lay flat on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Using a slotted spoon, making sure to let the juices drain a bit, transfer the strawberries to the center of the dough. Spread into an even layer leaving the outer inch or so free of berries.
- In sections work your way around the galette folding the outer inch of dough back towards the center. Don't worry if the dough tears a little, you can just push it back together and let it bake that way!
- Put the galette into the oven and let bake about 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and let sit a minute before serving! Can be served warm or room temperature. Enjoy!
This strawberry thyme galette is a beautifully rustic dessert. Not overly sweet but full of flavor. As my wife says, you can probably eat this any time of day… including breakfast!