Basil Watermelon Chèvre Salad
So simple, so summer. Absolutely fantastic collection of summer flavors, beautiful sweet watermelon, fresh basil, slightly tangy goat cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Five minutes and done.
- 1 each mini watermelon
- 3 oz chèvre (soft fresh goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze (basically a reduced balsamic syrup)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes, chiffonade (slice thin) the basil and toss together with a little salt and pepper.
- Note, the goat cheese doesn't toss very well without getting all over the melon so I like to add them in layers to the serving dish (I like a wider flat one so it isn't super deep)
- In your serving dish add a layer of the watermelon basil mixture. Using a fork sprinkle little bits of goat cheese over top. Alternate layers until they are finished.
- Finish with drizzles of balsamic glaze over the beautiful pile of summery goodness. Enjoy!
This is such a beautiful and simple summer watermelon salad, like many others it’s got a summer fruit, a fresh herb, a bit of cheese, and some acid. The basil watermelon chèvre combination is bright and light but so full of flavor! Happy summer eating all!