Fire Roasted Salsa
There is something so incredibly amazing about fire roasted flavors, I can't get enough! Add a spicy jalapeño heat, a bit of fresh lime and cilantro coming through, oh yeah! You need to try this fire roasted salsa today!
- 1 cup fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 each fire roasted jalapeños (just use the same method as the tomatoes for any fire roasted veggie, red pepper, jalapeño, tomato, whatever!)
- 1 each lime (zest and juice)
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt (plus or minus to your taste)
- NB: I use the jalapeños seeds and all, I like a little flavor and heat from the seeds but you can feel free to remove the seeds and adjust the number of jalapeños up or down depending on how spicy you like your salsa, I'd say this one is medium hot (depending on how you handle heat and quite honestly the heat of your jalapeños, sometimes they can be very mild, sometimes spicy).
- Add tomatoes and jalapeños to a food processor and roughly process.
- Zest a little lime into the food processor and then squeeze the lime juice into it as well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until well combined. Taste and feel free to adjust to your taste!
The fire roasted tomatoes can be made ahead and refrigerated and/or used right away but they take about 40 minutes to make a batch so factor that into your time. As I mentioned in the instructions, how hot you want the salsa is up to you, more or less jalapeños and seeds/no seeds will adjust the heat level.