Fresh and Tart Lemon Vinaigrette
Literally 2 minutes to make, the easiest fresh salad dressing. This lemon vinaigrette is light and refreshing and can be kept simple or spruced up any way you want.
Servings 1 cups
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (this would typically be 3 times as much but I like it super zesty and just use a little on the salad)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar of modena (or any light vinegar, e.g. white wine, rice, etc.)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt (can adjust to your taste)
- Add olive oil, vinegar, juice from lemon, salt, and a little fresh pepper to a pint mason jar.
- Shake and pour over your favorite salads!
Okay, I know I go against the basic 3:1 ratio for vinaigrettes but I really like mine on the tart/fresh side and just use a little over the salad. For a more traditional recipe you can use 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar/lemon juice. You can add anything you want to it, fresh herbs, garlic, etc. I like a bit of fresh garlic and fresh thyme for a slightly different take.