Dry Rosemary Gimlet (aka Gary’s Gimlet)
Dry Rosemary Gimlet (aka Gary's Gimlet)
Delicious love child of a martini and a gimlet, invented in honor of my dad's birthday... and the fact that he had some lime syrup that needed to be messed with... in the dead of winter in a kitchen in Washington State.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 1 drink
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz dry vermouth
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz lime syrup (simple syrup will work as well)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 twist lime (for garnish)
- Add gin, vermouth, lime juice, lime syrup, and sprig of rosemary to shaker.
- Muddle thoroughly, can let sit to take on more rosemary flavor.
- Add ice to shaker and shake well, about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with a twist of lime.