Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
Lemon juice, zest, and loads of fresh ground pepper on roasted cauliflower, so simple and so delicious!
- 1 each head of cauliflower
- 1 each lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse and trim leaves from cauliflower. Stand it upright on a cutting board and slice into 1/4 inch slices vertically. Cut/break the slices into manageable sized pieces and put into a bowl.
- Cut lemon in half. Set half aside and zest the other half. Set the zest aside.
- Drizzle cauliflower with olive oil and juice from zested half of lemon. Sprinkle with salt and lots of pepper.
- Mix cauliflower thoroughly and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Put cauliflower in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. You'll see some nice crispy charring going on. Flip the cauliflower pieces and bake another 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with the lemon zest and serve with lemon wedges from the remaining half lemon. Enjoy!
This is actually a bit of a riff on a dish my mom used to make, full of lemon and pepper flavor. This lemon roasted cauliflower adds a bit of delicious char to the mix!