Mason Jar Chimchurri
This is one of my favorite sauces, I love the fresh and tangy burst of flavor it provides. It can be adjusted based on what you have on hand and is delicious year round.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup chopped parsley (sometimes I use cilantro instead)
- 1 cup chopped oregano (the ratio of herbs can be altered also depending on your taste and what you have on hand)
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle chile (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Salmuera
- Boil the water in a small saucepan.
- Stir in salt until its dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mince the garlic very fine and add to 1 quart mason jar.
- Mince the parsley and oregano and add to jar.
- Add the red pepper flakes and stir all of the ingredients together.
- (Optional) Add the ground chipotle chile.
- Add the vinegar, oil, and cooled salmuera.
- Put a tight fitting lid on the mason jar and shake it all up.
- Open the lid to release any additional pressure that built up, close it back up and refrigerate at least 2 hours but can be kept for a week at least.