Homemade Taco Seasoning
Quick, super simple, and delicious homemade taco seasoning. Make it mild or kick up the heat, however you like it.
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (this can be adjusted WAY higher if you like heat, easily a tablespoon, I prefer adding the optional ground chipotle for a smokier boost)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle (optional, do not use if you want it milder, can bump it up if you want more heat)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional, I prefer using fresh garlic when I brown my beef)
- Mix all ingredients together, can be stored in an airtight container for a couple weeks.
- Brown your beef (or whatever filling you are using), I like to add some fresh garlic to the beef.
- Add seasoning and 1/4 cup of water, stir and continue cooking while the water reduces out.
I usually make a much larger batch at once so I can just pull it out when I need it! Try it with beef or my scrumptious portobello tacos!