Super Simple Kalbi Ribs
There's something about tangy, salty, sweet, crispy charred kalbi ribs... drooling... wait, where was I? Oh yeah, simple marinade, super quick char grill, heaven.
- 2 lbs thin sliced kalbi style ribs
- 1/2 cup tamari (or regular soy sauce if gluten isn't an issue)
- 1/2 cup honey (or agave nectar)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 each scallions, sliced thin (divided)
- Whisk the tamari, honey, vinegar, and half the sliced scallions together in a bowl.
- Put the kalbi ribs into an airtight container with lid. Pour the marinade over them and shuffle around a bit with your hand to make sure each piece of rib has been coated in marinade.
- Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (or longer, I did these ones a couple hours ahead).
- Remove from refrigerator while you get your grill nice and hot, looking for high heat.
- Lay the ribs flat on the grill and let sear 1 - 2 minutes each side. Should get some nice grill marks and a bit of char!
- Remove from the grill, top with the remaining scallions and enjoy! Feel free to serve with rice or whatever you're in for!
These kalbi ribs are so tasty, cut thin so they marinate super fast and cook even faster. Built to marry the delicious tangy, salty, sweet marinade and the char of the marbled meat, you'll be licking your fingers until the last drop.