Herbed Plum Smash
So happy for the delicious plums coming into season right now! Celebrating with a plum smash! Such an easy, incredibly tasty drink! The botanicals in the gin come through delightfully paired with the plum and thyme.
Servings 1 drink
- 1 each ripe plum
- 2 oz gin
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (I used agave simple)
- 4 sprigs thyme (more for garnish if you want)
- Cut the plum in half and take out the pit. Toss into the shaker.
- Add gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and thyme sprigs to the shaker.
- Muddle thoroughly and let sit a minute to take up the thyme flavor.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake thoroughly, 15 - 20 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe, garnish with some thyme sprigs, a lemon twist, or a slice of plum and enjoy!
Another example of a smash, simple fruit smashed up with alcohol and whatever else you want. So delicious, lovely botanicals, slightly sweet but not cloying. This plum smash is excellently quaffable. NB: You might need to play with the balance of lemon juice and agave depending on how sweet your plums are it can change the balance quite a lot but luckily it's an easy adjustment!