This is an all American twist on a classic, the French 75. Using hard cider and bourbon instead of champagne and gin. Superb fall flavors, blending the bourbon with crisp apple, lemon juice, and cinnamon simple syrup!
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz cinnamon simple syrup (3/4 tsp cinnamon to a cup sugar, and a cup water, heated and stirred until dissolved and just bubbling)
- 3 oz hard cider (I used Crispin The Saint, which was delicious, not sweet and very flavorful)
- Add bourbon, lemon juice, and cinnamon simple syrup to a shaker. Add ice.
- Shake well for a count of 10 and then strain into a chilled champagne flute.
- Top with the hard cider. Garnish with a twist of lemon, dehydrated lemon round, or cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
This bourbon and hard cider cocktail is a twist on the classic French 75, using basically the same ratios but completely different ingredients for a stunning fall cocktail.