Tipsy Strawberry Basil Lemonade Cocktail
Your summer needs a little tipsy lemonade, even better with a punch of fresh strawberries and delicious basil! This one might just be a little TOO easy to drink!
Servings 1 drink
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 4 each strawberries (these were tiny, 2-3 medium, or 1 large would be about right)
- 3 each basil leaves (these were big, so a bit more if they're smaller)
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and muddle thoroughly!
- Fill shaker with ice and shake 10 - 15 seconds.
- Pour into a rocks glass with ice. Garnish with a smacked basil leaf and enjoy!
This came about from all the fresh goodies in our farm box (plus lemons from our tree). I wanted to do something summery but strawberry drinks can be over sweet so tempering it with a lot of lemon juice, a little simple syrup, and the delicious herbal basil makes this strawberry basil lemonade cocktail pop!