Smoked Whiskey Sour
Such a simple yet powerful twist on the classic. Whether you spell it whisky or whiskey this is a must try! Using a delicious smoked simple syrup to get some deep woody smoke (a bit different than a peaty smoke) this one is spot on... as long as you like whiskey and smoked things!
- 1 1/2 oz whiskey (I've used bourbon, rye, Japanese whisky, all delicious)
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice (a little more lemon here because the smoked simply syrup is a bit more concentrated than 1:1 but feel free to play with it)
- 3/4 oz smoked simple syrup (delicious recipe from Matthew Cetta of the Nomageddon website!)
- Add ingredients to a shaker, add ice. Shake for a count of 5 - 10 (not fully diluted).
- Strain into a rocks glass with a large cube of ice, rub the rim of the glass and garnish with a twist of lemon and enjoy! For fun you can always flame the twist also!
This is my second concoction using the delicious smoked simple syrup idea from Matthew Cetta, so good!