The Desert Heat (Mezcal Tangerine Cocktail with Chipotle)
This mezcal tangerine cocktail brings the smolder, a little heat, a little smoke, and all delicious. For when spring is just turning to summer and it can't quite decide what to do... take this outside... with friends!
Servings 1 drink
- 1 oz mezcal (Feel free to adjust the balance of tequila/mezcal for smokier or less smoky)
- 1 oz tequila (I used Casamigos blanco)
- 1 oz fresh tangerine juice
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 3/4 oz simple syrup (I prefer an agave simple syrup)
- 1 sprig sage
- 1/4 tsp chipotle en adobo sauce (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 sprinkle ground chipotle chile
- Chill coupe glasses.
- Add mezcal, tequila, tangerine juice, lime juice, simple syrup and sage to shaker.
- (Optional) add chipotles en adobo sauce/juice to shaker, creates a nice background bit of spice to the cocktail.
- Muddle thoroughly and let sit a minute to increase the sage flavor.
- Add ice to shaker to the level of the liquid.
- Shake until super cold, a count of about 15 - 20.
- Strain into chilled coupes.
- Sprinkle with a little ground chipotle chile and enjoy!